Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yoop birding

I did my first solo border crossing yesterday, hoping for more of the missed species and some specialty breeders. Had some luck, finding Sedge Wren, Eastern Wood-Pewee, Upland Sandpiper, and Connecticut Warbler, in addition to a bonus species - 2 Western Meadowlarks. I also managed to not get any bug bites despite the hundreds of mosquitoes at every stop along the backroads. I ended the morning with 85 species, giving me a 24-hour total of 110! And I wasn't even trying for a Big Day!

Work this morning yielded Mourning Warbler, Black-billed Cuckoo, Northern Cardinal, and some others - not new for the year but nice to know that they are there. It's great to work at a golf course - outside all the time and in the middle of perfect habitat for a lot of species.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had good luck birding and are enjoying work.

Keep blogging. LJB