Sunday, September 20, 2009

University

It's been a while since I last posted, but I haven't really been birding since then. September 5 was move-in day here at Guelph, but I went to Hamilton for the morning to visit Chris Street and see what the birding is like there in fall. We had a decent few hours, with 60+ species including one new Ontario bird for me - Field Sparrow with several individuals. We missed out on shorebirds and jaegers, but had quite a few warblers and ducks, along with some birds I don't often see up in the Sault like Great Egret, House Sparrow, Trumpeter Swan, Carolina Wren and many, many Northern Cardinals. I got moved in after a good wait in the boiling sun, and made a ton of new friends almost right away. Since then it's been work, but not as much as I expected, and socializing - university life is definitely amazing. As I mentioned though, I haven't been birding, but I did add another Ontario (and Canada) bird - Blue-winged Warbler 8 feet away as we were heading for lunch!

I'll try and get out more sometime soon and take some pictures of these great Southern Ontario birds!

No comments: