Friday, January 11, 2013

Geese

I haven't really gone on a real birding adventure yet this year, but I have gotten out around Guelph a couple mornings since I've been back, mainly to look for some interesting birds! There was a pair of Tufted Titmice, a bird I hadn't yet seen in Wellington County, at Riverside Park, along with a Greater White-fronted Goose. On round 1 I saw one of the titmice, round 2 I heard both and saw the Goose! Up close and personal too, although not quite as close as the tame one in California back in 2011.


There were also a fair number of Canada Geese sleeping in the morning mist

Tomorrow I search for a Townsend's Solitaire - since I didn't go for the one in Hamilton last fall due to schoolwork, this will be a new one for Ontario for me...if it's still there of course.

No comments: