Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bigbying

Biked down to Bellevue Park yesterday after school, and then down to the Locks and Bellevue Park this morning early. Had 66 species total, with 62 just this morning. Also, my Bigby list went from 41 up to 72! Added 9 new species for the year, #100 for SSM was a Savannah Sparrow this morning. Did about 35 km on my bike, plus about 7 km on foot. My legs are a bit sore, but it was definitely worth it. I now have a speedometer/odometer on my bike, so I'll get a more accurate reading in the weeks to come.

New Species for the year:
Horned Grebe
Red-necked Grebe
Common Loon
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Savannah Sparrow
Greater Yellowlegs
Winter Wren
Pine Siskin

**Note: If I haven't mentioned this before, Bigbying is a green birding year - all species seen biking/walking from your house - i.e. a big year without burning fossil fuels.

No comments: