Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring

Ok, so it's been far too long since my last post, and since I have a day with (almost) no work to do, I thought I'd make a few. The new semester has been fairly busy here at Guelph, although midterms are almost over and we only have 3 weeks to go until exams! A few more labs, assignments, and tests and first year will be over. That being said, I haven't had much (or any) birding time over the last little while, not that there was much for me to see, but now that spring is here the new migrants are arriving daily! My Screech-Owl luck seems to be continuing, my friends and I went for a late-night walk through the Arb (not actually looking for owls), and on the way out there was a little Eastern Screech-Owl perched in a tree near the edge of the forest. I'd heard this species before in Ontario and Texas but never actually gotten to see one. Other than that, most of the birds I've seen have been out my dorm window - grackles, robins, ring-billed gulls, red-winged blackbirds, and red-tailed hawks have all been migrating through along with plenty of canada geese. Can't wait for the warblers to get here! Should be sometime soon with all the warm weather we've been getting - all the snow is gone already, and temps have been closing in on 20C over the past 2 weeks. That's more like late April weather back home...

On another note, I created a fan page on Facebook - search David Bell Photography if you're interested - it contains a bunch of my better shots over the last few years that I've just gotten around to editing. I still have a lot of photos to go through, so if you do join you can expect updates sometime in the near future!

No comments: